FAQs and Disclaimers
Nome Grown does not provide legal advice. The information contained within these webpages is provided for your convenience and is not to be interpreted as legal advice. You must meet legal obligations to conform and comply with all requirements, and claiming not to know them is not a defense. You are encouraged to seek the advice of a professional, such as a an Attorney if you need additional assistance.
**Click on the “+” to open up the answers.
- Marijuana has intoxicating effects and may be habit forming and addictive.
- Marijuana impairs concentration, coordination, and judgment. Do not operate a vehicle or machinery under its influence.
- There are health risks associated with consumption of marijuana.
- For use only by adults twenty-one and older. Keep out of the reach of children.
- Marijuana should not be used by women who are pregnant or breast feeding.
Who can purchase marijuana?
3 AAC 306.350. Identification requirement to prevent sale to person under 21
(a) A retail marijuana store shall refuse to sell marijuana or a marijuana product to a person who does not produce a form of valid photographic identification showing that person is 21 years of age or older.
(b) A valid form of photographic identification includes
(1) an unexpired, unaltered passport;
(2) an unexpired, unaltered driver’s license, instruction permit, or identification card of a state or territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, or a province or territory of Canada;
(3) an identification card issued by a federal or state agency authorized to issue a driver’s license or identification card.
Nome Grown does not accept Alaskan vertical IDs/Drivers Licenses that are 90 days past the card holders 21st birthday. Alaska DMV deems these as expired, we will however still accept your Alaska vertical/under 21 IDs/Driver Licenses that are still within their expiration date.
How much can you purchase?
3 AAC 306.355. Limit on quantity sold
A retail marijuana store may not sell in a single transaction:
- more than one ounce of usable marijuana;
- more than seven grams of marijuana concentrate for inhalation, or
- marijuana or marijuana products if the total amount of marijuana, marijuana products, or both marijuana and marijuana products sold contains more than 5,600 milligrams of THC.
Do you accept credit cards? Do you have an ATM?
We do accept credit or debit cards for all inventory in our store that does not contain THC, but we do have an ATM available on site!
We do NOT allow any on site consumption.
Cartridge and Pens FAQ
Our cartridges are extracted with ethanol and utilize a 5:10 thread. Currently we sell .3 gram; .5 gram and 1 gram cartridges, some infused with terpenes and from a variety of suppliers. The recommended voltage for our cartridges is approximately 3.8-4.4 volts.
Why won't my cartridge work?
There are various reasons why your cartridge may not be emitting vapor. Here are a few ways to troubleshoot your product.
1.) Check if your cartridge is clogged.
Try to exhale through the cartridge while it is detached from the battery. If their isn’t any air flow through the cartridge when you exhale, there’s a possibility it may be clogged.
If the cartridge is clogged, try to screw the cartridge gently on to the battery and hold the heating button down for 5 to 7 seconds to melt the clog and attempt to inhale from your cartridge while pressing the heating button down.
2.) Check the connection between the cartridge and the battery.
If you screw your cartridge on too tight, there’s a possibility that the disc on the battery was pressed down too low and is no longer making contact with the battery.
If the battery and cartridge are not connecting, gently lift the disc located on the battery up with a narrow object such as a knife or bobby pin.
Tips for cartridges
Here are a few useful tips for making sure your cartridge works properly.
- Make sure the cartridge is at room temperature when in use.
- Store cartridge upright at all times with the mouth piece facing up.
- Be sure that your battery has a sufficient amount of voltage. (3.8-4.4 volts is recommended)
- Do not store your cartridge in cold temperatures.
If you are still having issues with your cartridge, please bring it in so that we may troubleshoot it.
We will only allow returns on defective cartridges within the first 48 hours after it is purchased. A receipt along with the defective cartridge must be present in order to receive a refund.
Come on In!
Monday - Saturday
11 AM - 10 PM
1 PM - 10 PM
605 W. 2nd Ave.
Nome, Alaska 99762
(1) Marijuana has intoxicating effects and may be habit forming and addictive.”; (2) “Marijuana impairs concentration, coordination, and judgment. Do not operate a vehicle or machinery under its influence.”; (3) “There are health risks associated with consumption of marijuana.” (4) “For use only by adults twenty-one and older. Keep out of the reach of children.”; (5) “Marijuana should not be used by women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.”.
Use of this site is for personal use, in jurisdictions where cannabis is lawful under state or local law. By using this website you agree you are over the age of 21.